Tuesday

Frugal Art Work - Handmade Wall Art

Go Tennessee Vols!
We are big Vols fans, and we needed some wall art to show it!

This is the finished product


It was easy and very thrifty!

Here's how I did it:

I started with a canvas from Hobby Lobby - 2 for $3.99.


I used vinyl stickers I already had.  I think they were under $4.  They are reuseable.  I also had white paint from a painting project.


First, I used a paint brush to paint the canvas with white paint.  After it dried, I used the stick-on letters to create my words. 
Then I used orange Plaid craft paint to paint over the entire canvas.  I let it dry overnight.  Then removed the letters.  I put the letters back in their packaging because they could be used again. 

When I removed all the letters I then did a little touch up with a small paint brush.  After letting it all dry a while, I used Mod Podge to put a protective finish on it.



I enjoyed making this and the hubby sure liked it too!

All together, this nice wall art cost me less than $3-$4.  Not a bad deal!

Thrifty411 -  Frugal and Simple Living Without Giving Up The Things You Love