Saturday

Thrifty Crafty Gift

I needed a birthday gift for one of my daughter's friends. I like to dabble in crafts and like to save money, so I decided to make something. I have recently made some washer necklaces and decided to post about it this time.

(The picture does not do it justice. Sorry about that!)

They are easy to make!

Pick up a few washers at Wal-Mart or dig through your hardware box at home. I used a Steel Stamping Set from Harbour Freight to make the name on the larger washer. I imprinted the year on the smaller washer.

Then used a black sharpie to highlight the imprints a little. After darkening the imprint, I used a paper towel with a little rubbing alcohol to clean off excess ink.

The necklace chain is a piece of leather cord. You can also use chain or ribbon.

I took three barrel beads to secure the leather cord and add some decoration.


The gift was a hit and also quite affordable!
Save Money - be Thrifty!